Back Pain Treatment and Specialist in Singapore
Common Symptoms Of Back Pain
- Persistent aching or stiffness in
your spine that involves the base
of the neck or the tail bone
- Difficulty to stand straight owing to pain
or muscle spasms in the lower back.
- Sharp pain in the neck, upper back, or lower
back. This is usually caused after lifting heavy
objects or engaging in other demanding
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back,
caused after sitting or standing for long
- Pain that radiates from the low back to the buttocks,
back of the thigh, and into the calf muscles and toes
Common Causes Of Back Pain
Mechanical problems:Back pain could be caused due to the way your spine moves or when you move your spine in certain ways. The most common mechanical cause of back pain is intervertebral disc degeneration.
Age:Pain caused when the discs located between the vertebrae of the spine are breaking down with age.
Injuries:Injuries to the spine such as sprains and fractures can cause short-term pain or chronic back pain.
Conditions and diseases:Chronic back pain can be caused because of conditions such as scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, various forms of arthritis, spinal stenosis, pregnancy, and more.
Infections and tumours:Infections like osteomyelitis and tumours can cause back pain, however, they are not common causes.
When to seek help for Back pain?
- Continuous and persistent
- Inability to do day-to-day activities
- Inability to lift heavy objects
- Pain radiating to the thigh area
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US
Seek professional advice on treatment available for your conditionBook Appointment